Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Black Bean Delish!

Was needing something different to eat on my candida diet. While black beans are not on the Body Ecology diet, I added so many veggies and cooked it in coconut oil...I don't think I messed up my diet too much. Anyway, it was a two-thumbs up all around.

1/2 Green Pepper, 1 Yellow Pepper, 1/2 Red Pepper chopped
1 Leek - sliced
6 large cloves of garlic (to kill the yeastie beasties) chopped
1 celery stalk sliced

Combine ingredients in a pan with 1 1/2 TBSp coconut oil. Cook until translucent.

Add 1 shredded carrot, 3/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp sea salt and a TBSP of hot green chile's (optional).

Cook an additional 2 minutes. Then add 25 oz can of black beans (after they've been drained and rinsed under water).

Top with avocado or guac. and cilantro.
Serves 3 or 4 depending upon side dishes.


No comments: